Well, okay, Ben cut down our tree, but, to be fair, I was wearing a 3 month old.
Having made the cutting expedition two years in a row now, its officially a family tradition!
We go with some of our favorite people, and while the big people do the chopping (read: men) the kiddos play in the snow.
Last year it was cold and snowing, which added to the ambiance but not really to the fun. This year it was beautiful - sunny and warmish. It was the perfect tree chopping adventure...except for one little detail...
Our tree never made it home. :-(
Nope, in fact its lying somewhere on Idaho Hwy 55 between Horseshoe Bend and Eagle with a little orange permit complete with our contact info!
Turns out our little tree took to flight out of the bed of our friends' truck on the way back down the mountain. And despite a small search party, the poor little guy was not located.
But at least we kept the tree cutting tradition alive...and we will, no doubt, do it again next year (only next time we won't pick a tree that likes to fly)!
(If you happen to be driving down 55 any time soon and see a tagged tree, do stop, pick it up, and give it a nice warm home.)
If your thinking to yourself "wow, that would make a great Christmas card" I'm totally with you. And if I were in need of said cards I'd be uploading this photo to Shutterfly.com this very second to make them.
However, this year I was way on the ball and printed our cards weeks ago!!!
(it might not be quite accurate to say I was "way on the ball" when birth announcements for my August born child resulted in nice Christmas cards, but that is WAY beside the point)
Take heart, just because I won't be needing this picture for our card this year doesn't mean I won't be uploading it to Shutterfly. After all, they have super fun photo gifts!
I'm thinking I may use it to make a fun custom mug.
I mean, who wouldn't want to gaze upon the beautiful aforementioned image while sipping on their morning cuppa joe, right? Okay, assuming of course they know us and don't find us utterly repulsive.
Of course, last year we announced baby L's impending arrival via a photo calendar, which went over famously, so that's an option as well. (note: we DO NOT have another such announcement, its just that the photo calendar was both fun to make and receive).
However, what I will for SURE be making and likely using this picture for are custom thank you cards from Shutterfly (some of which I get for free as part of thier blog promotion deal! yippie!!!).
I love card making and always have grand ideas for hand-making all of our Christmas thank yous.
And then half the time they never make it to the mail before March...that is, if they actually get made!
Lets face it, I'm caring for a newborn this go 'round, which makes the odds of their completion pretty low.
So, if you'd like to see what the final product (i.e. thank you card) looks like, feel free to send someone (me) in our family a gift and you'll likely find one in your mail box between now and March!
From the Vault (a look back) -
Our first Idaho winter, Jan 2009...
Note: Beebs gets her tonsils out tomorrow, please pray for us!






No comments:
Post a Comment