We have snow, snow, and more SNOW!!
When we woke up yesterday, a predicted 2-4 inches of cold flakiness had turned into 8 inches of puffy white funness (is that a word?) by mid-morning.
And it was snow without the bitter cold (a sweltering 35 degrees in fact)!
[Ben and I had a hunch it would be more than 2 inches when we noticed how small the flakes were as we were going to bed. You know what they say "Big snow, little snow; little snow, big snow." (i.e. the big fluffy flakes never amount to much, but watch out when the little ones start falling)]
While the ample amounts of white stuff succeeded in derailing any plans I had for leaving the house, it was a welcome sight for small, excited, three year old eyes!
Plus, after having taught only one morning class, all classes were canceled at the college and daddy was sent home...to play in the snow, of course!
Getting her snow garb on was very exciting: "Look, I have a tail... but not on my bottom." (note the blue hat!). All decked out Beebs was ready to have some quality time with daddy in the snow!
(mommy needed to take care of baby L andstaywarmanddry inside, who was enjoying some tummy time)
After being pulled on a sled through the allie a couple of times it was time for some serious construction... snowman construction that is.
"Frosty" (as Beebs so originally named him) was made complete with a carrot nose (garden produce no less!).
And no snow day would be complete without some hot (read: tepid) chocolate (and whipped cream) to sip once all the frolicking has ceased.
Oh, and the frolicking resulted in actual sleep taking place during rest/nap time...three cheers for snow!
Right, so the snow was fun and exciting and yada, yada. But there is another recent arrival that, at least according to the mommy, is a tad more exciting than snow...wait for it...
...wait for it...
That's right! Chick-fil-a and Idaho are finally friends (not sure if its facebook offical yet).
Wooohooo! Yippie...cowabunga, I'm gunna be eatin mor chikn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd heard rumors that CFA was coming to Boise State's campus, but anytime I looked on the CFA website there was no impending BSU restaurant opening listed.
Well, this morning I randomly decided to check the website again. Again no grand opening in Idaho was listed, but all of a sudden the restaurant locator was pointing me toward Boise....
A little research, er, um, googling, and I discovered that the CFA had in fact opened up NOVEMBER 4th with, apparently, little fanfare.
WHAT? A whole month and I didn't know?
Why this was not ALL over the local news is beyond me. After all, this is the sort of yummy food that really cool and incredibly smart people serve at, say, wedding receptions :-) (nugget style of course)
Believe it or not, there are people in Idaho who have never been blessed with the experience of eating a sumptuous chicken sandwich from Chicken-O-Lay. And many of them are fairly normal, functioning adults. Weird!
Some haven't even heard of it! GASP...breath, breath...
[Please observe a moment of silence for these poor souls; how can they know if they are not told?]
Needless to say, upon learning of its presence in the treasure valley I sent Ben packing...to get some sweet yummy crunchy chicken sandwich goodness. He actually was already needing to be in Boise today, so it worked out well.
Suddenly, I have ALL kinds of reasons to go to Boise on a regular basis, despite the 20+ mile drive.
And to all our sweet friends and family who happen to have the misfortune of living in Chick-fil-a-less parts of the Northwest, come on over...we understand.
I suppose the only thing that might keep me away this winter when a CFA sandwich craving falls is, ummm, snow! (and we've come full circle)
From the vault (a look back) -
Beebs and I played in the snow last Dec while daddy was grading final papers (it just happened to snow the day we went to the mountains to cut down our Christmas tree!).
She had essentially the same snow outfit last year, but it fits her better this year (and will be lovingly passed down to baby L to use next!).
p.s. I realize none of the "Vault" pictures so far have included baby L, but given she is only 3 months old her vault really doesn't exist yet. Fret not, she is not loved less...her day is coming, promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment