He preached the entire month of January and then just this past week as well.
So, if you'd like to listen to him CLICK HERE and then select which date you'd like to hear. [each sermon is not more than 30ish minutes]
The first couple sermons are sort of a series, but not to the extent that they need to be listened to in order.
Not that I am AT ALL biased given that I deeply love the preacher, but I think he does a great job of sharing truth from God's Word in a manner that is both understandable and applicable.
I found the most recent one (Feb 13) to be particularly convicting, but you don't have to take my word for it; just listen!
To be sure, he's not the only preacher in our family.
Lately, the Beebs has taken to doing a little preaching herself! (please disregard the total chaos surrounding her)
A couple of weeks ago she found two little Bibles (one orange and one green) that we received from the Gideons while in grad school (very nice old men used to pass them out at the university library - and despite having a stash of them I could never bring myself to disappoint the fellas and say no thank you).
Beebs promptly opened one up and began to "read" from it.
She then requested that we sit and listen to her as she told us a story. And make no mistake, we were not to move until she was quite done.
Her story, however, was more like a stream of consciousness.
Words were just pouring out of her mouth as they came to her mind...and not all of them were real words!
The general gist of her story was that she was a good girl and "Jesus was so pride" of her.
I realize that it may come as a surprise that our strong-willed darling feels the need to preach to mommy and daddy about her good behavior and the fact that she likes the color purple, but you don't have to take my word for it...watch for yourself:
(I apologize for the whining baby in the background, and, yes, she did dress herself, why do you ask?)
From the Vault (a look back) -
Although I had not intended this to be a "real" blog post, I guess I'll do this section anyway! Here is a random picture of my two little preachers all tuckered out in January 2010; both were getting over being sick with a stomach bug.
Love Them!
Oh...precious, precious, precious. I had tears in my eyes! Isn't it just a beautiful sight to see a child who is so surrounded by the knowledge of Jesus in her own life that she automatically speaks of Him as comfortably as she does her family members? Bless you all! (Can't wait to listen to Ben's sermons!)
ReplyDelete